On June 1, 2014 I posted Label Me In Christ.
In that post I talked about how conversations are quickly shut down with name calling and labeling. The Left ~ Progressives, Democrats, et al will use what ever means necessary to shut down any conversation that veers near the truth, reality or simple common sense.
Remember the accounts in the book of the Acts of the Apostles where the Apostle Paul preached the gospel openly from his corner tent making business. Sometimes he had the freedom to speak about Christ. Other times he was taken before the local magistrates and accused of ‘hurting’ other’s viewpoints. He was then summarily beaten and run out of town.
At one point Paul pushed back on the whip of intolerance with the providence of his Roman citizenship. He was then able to gain access to an audience in Rome. Ultimately Paul was put to death in Rome for his ‘views.’
The same intolerance now holds Iranian Christian Pastor Saeed Abedini, arrested in 2012, in prison for his ‘views.’
Never stop spreading the Gospel – the good news of Jesus Christ – no matter the cost, no matter the Intolerance of the Left
Below is what others are saying about the Left’s desired Utopian Caliphate – a place where their Sharia Law of Intolerance exists.
From Benjamin Weingarten’s post at The Blaze, April 14, 2014:
For a free society to endure requires open and honest debate on ideas. The progressive Left claims it supports freedom of speech, but ask yourself on the following issues, are we free to talk or does the Left stifle debate:
- Race: unless it’s that there is pervasive institutional racism and that, as Vice President Biden says, whites want to “put y’all back in chains“
- Class: unless it’s that the 1 percent are evil
- Gender: unless it’s that there’s a widespread and ongoing “War on Women.” Of course, if you want to see the real “War on Women,” look to the Islamic world, in which Hirsi Ali herself was subjected to genital mutilation, and in which under Sharia law a woman who accuses a man of rape can only prevail if the accused confesses or there are four male witnesses
- Marriage: unless it’s that traditional marriage proponents hate gay people
- Abortion: unless it’s that pro-lifers don’t believe in women’s rights
- Crime: unless it’s that society, or the victim, caused it
- Environmentalism: unless it’s that man is ruining the Earth and we face armageddon from the change to the climate he is absolutely causing; come to think of it, this debate is already over
- Religion: unless it’s that crazy right-wing extremists want to take us back to the stone age, that Islam is a religion of peace, and the future “must not belong to those who slander” its prophet
The more areas of speech we circumscribe, the less freedom remains.
It would seem to me that what we have today, as opposed to the pluralistic and dynamic society that the American experiment requires, is totalitarianism masquerading under the banner of tolerance.
What we have today…is totalitarianism masquerading under the banner of tolerance.
What the Left’s intolerance reflects is that despite its moral relativism — a world without objective truths in which there is no such thing as good and evil — the Left believes there are judgments to be made, that certain values and ideas are superior: its own.
What separates the devils from the angels is simply whether or not you agree with them….
…Yet despite the Left’s adherence to secular humanism, it finds common cause with Islamic supremacists.
Leftist secularists may not approve of religion, but like Islamic supremacists they have an overarching ideology that requires the stifling of all dissent.
In the final analysis, just like the Islamic supremacists, the Left wants us to all become their dhimmis. (emphasis mine)
More of the illiberal liberal intolerance:
The Shame of Brandeis by Charles C. W. Cooke, National Review Online
Photo from VotingAmerican.com